from: Heather Larson, Meet Chicago Northwest
- 4 lamb shoulder chops or sirloin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp instant beef bouillon granules, 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 2 1/2 ounces jar of sliced white mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tbsp snipped parsley
- Trim fat from meat. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in hot oil. Drain fat.
- Combine celery, onion, bullion granules, pepper and 3/4 cup water. Pour over chops. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or till tender. Remove meat. Skim fat from juices. Reserve 1/2 cup juices and set aside.
- For sauce, combine sour cream, flour and thyme. Stir in the reserved juices. Add to skillet. Add mushrooms and parsley. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 10 minutes more. Combine sauce with chops.